Saturday, May 30, 2009

What I love about Nolan!


So I was searching the internet about ways to record your child's memories. And I came across a post, "Before your child grows another centimeter, and before you get caught up with something else (like his college application), stop time to record this moment." I thought this sounded like a wonderful idea, since he is growing up so fast--and I wish I could just capture each moment!

With that being said, I was thinking about all the fun Nolan, Todd and I have been having together, and how precious he is, and how much I just adore him. He is at such a fun age, and he loves to play with us and his toys. But what I really love about him at this age is how he takes in everything. He listens and points to all the birds outside, and he watches and listens to all the dogs barking, and the cars that go by, or the children laughing in the neighborhood. He was so excited about a bunny running through the yard. He is so intuitive and just seems to take every detail in. And I know that one day very soon, he is going to start telling me about all these things that he sees and hears.

What it made me realize is that children love to explore and play and take the time to enjoy. That is how they are constantly learning about their environment. I really love the way Nolan explores! And I will remind myself never rush Nolan to grow up, and will try to always let him explore.