Monday, May 4, 2009

Enjoy Each Day!





This week has begun with the party organizing for Nolan's first birthday. Which made me think, that a whole year has almost passed since he was born, and Nolan has already grown and changed so much. I realize that life goes by way too quickly, and I really would like to just remember to enjoy and have fun everyday with my family.

With the weather becoming nicer outside, Nolan, Wrigley and I have been enjoying more time outside during the week. Nolan is really enjoying his Little Tikes slide. This morning we played outside and he loves to go down the slide.

Yesterday I competed in my first triathlon of the summer. It was called the tri-city challenge and it went through three cities along the Fox river. I competed with some of my coworkers from Delnor Hospital. What was different about this triathlon is that it consisted of a 5 mile canoe(instead of the swim)/13 mile bike/ 3.1 mile run. We canoed down the fox river, and needless to say I have not canoed in quite some time, so it was challenging but fun! Some of our teammates managed to tip their canoe and land in the Fox river, so I was glad that we stayed afloat. I completed the challenge in 2 hours and 13 minutes, one of the fastest from the Delnor team.