Friday, September 3, 2010

Nolan's Off To Preschool!

I cannot believe Nolan is going off to preschool.  I have signed him up for one day a week.  Part of me can't believe I am sending my two year old(baby) off to school.  It is obvious that my precious boy, is no longer a baby.  He reminds me of this on a daily basis! It is just so hard to believe that just yesterday he was born, and now he has grown from an infant to this "little being."  I have been with him every step of the way, we have laughed, we have played, we have loved, and we have learned together.  His personality is contagious, and he is quite the character, he has his likes and dislikes, and he has energy and curiosity that will lead him to great things! And I of course just love him to pieces.  And so I want the best for him, afterall what parent doesn't.
But that doesn't make it any easier to send him to preschool at the age of two.  I had lots of "ifs,"  will my child be ready, can he leave my side and enjoy and learn, is he really old enough to be somewhat independent,  but then I listen to my friends, and I realize that preschool is the new kindergarten, and kindergarten is the new 1st grade.  Our schools are already incorporating a foreign language into the preschool curriculum!  So it became no question on whether to send him to school, and I think my little man is ready, but AM I? I still have lots of "ifs," and I know that the first few times are going to be quite a challenge.  For both me letting go of my baby, and for him taking his first steps at being independent. But I have no doubt that my little man will thrive.

So to my little man, "You are about to embark on a great adventure, and I can't wait to hear all about it, but mommy is going to miss you while you are at school!  I Love You!"