Friday, August 13, 2010

Swing Time


SOARING
Two figures swing silently side by side.
The cherub of a little boy sits to the left.
His mama to the right.
Each seems lost in their own little world.
They quietly exchange a glance and a warm smile.
There's no need for words.
All the love that flows through that Mother's body is spoken right from her eyes, as she watches her little boy
And a peaceful joy gazes back at her from his
Their hair blows back from their faces in the breeze and the warm sun hugs their bodies as they sway.
Frequently the boy slows his pace with a threat to stop moving
And every time the mama pauses her movements to push him higher
Because that's what mother's do don't they?
Stop the world, to help their children soar to limitless heights in the sky.



I found this poem on a fellow bloggers page, Mom vs. the Boys, and LOVED it!  It made me smile.  You see Nolan loves to swing.  Every day he wakes up and asks to go to the PARK, and his favorite thing to do at the PARK is SWING!  I think my boy could swing for hours.  He asks, "mommy push," repeatedly.   And of course I oblige, I would do anything to help him soar to limitless heights!  I love my little man!