Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Enjoy the Every Days in Life

I am a mother, a wife, a friend, a daughter, a sister, a blogger, and a triathlete and I love my life!



I came across a fellow bloggers post today, and it made me take a moment and take thanks for all my blessings, and just be thankful for the every days, the small moments. 

Lately, I often feel like I am just getting through each day on survival mode.  But today, I am looking back at the past 8 precious weeks, and realizing that I am blessed, and we have had a wonderful 8 weeks since the birth of Avery.  

I have spent time watching my husband with our children, and knowing he is one of my greatest blessings.  He loves me and he loves our children, and he is just wonderful!


I have spent a lot of time with my mother and mother-in-law recently, since they have been here to help me out, and our relationships have grown.  I have grown to love and respect them even more, as mothers and as my friends.   And I am learning that family is so important, and I love my family!

I have spent numerous hours watching Nolan grow, first from an infant into a little boy, and now into a wonderful big brother who is just so sweet.  He loves Avery, and that melts my heart.  Just yesterday he went up to Avery unprompted, she was crying.  And he patted her head, and told her, "it is okay, I love you!" And then sung her the Barney song, "I love you, you love me!"  It was the sweetest moment I have witnessed between the two, and brought tears to my eyes.  I wish I had the video camera, so I could have captured it. But it will definitely be one of the forevers, in my memory.


And Avery, my little angel!  She has blessed my life I am sure in ways I cannot yet appreciate.  She is my little girl.  She is easy going, she loves to be snuggled, and she is just so precious.  I have enjoyed watching her little expressions everyday.  And I just want to remember these first two months forever, along with all the firsts to come!


So from here on, I need to slow down, to really remember the every days, the small moments, the FLICKERS, that make up my wonderful LIFE!